Saturday, May 23, 2009

KIN 710 Assignment (week 2)

I am currently working at the University of Arkansas as an assistant athletic trainer for the razorback football team. I am very happy to be a member of the razorback sports medicine staff as my road to get here has been long and hard. My journey up to this point has been great, but having the opportunity to work at a Division I university provides me with something I have been working so hard for since graduating college, stability. I've spent the last three years working as a head athletic trainer in both the Arena Football League and Major League Soccer. Although, both were rewarding experiences that allowed me to grow and learn a lot about the profession, both were also lacking the stability that I needed to support my family. Not only will I have a greater sense of stability at the University of Arkansas, I will be in an environment where I can continue to grow as an athletic trainer. Not only will I be apart of a staff whose goals are to provide a superior quality of health care, but a University that is rich in tradition and thrives on the success of the universities football program. I am very excited to be here and I know that this will only lead to greater things in the future.





1 comment:

  1. Chris, what a relieving and rewarding feeling you must have to finally have the right place for you and your family. It is obvious that you love being an athletic trainer (as I do myself), as well as you want to make sure you are in the right place for your family. Reading your post gives me confidence and motivation that through my professional journey and growth I will stumble upon the place that is right for me like Arkansas is for you. Good luck and enjoy being a Razorback!

    ReplyDelete